I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1986 and worked in the corporate world until 1993 when I had my first child. I then practiced as a part-time accountant in the small business sector. After the death of my two week old son in 1995 my life path changed. I moved into the counselling field in 1999 and became involved in a voluntary capacity at both Life Line and Survivors of Crime at the Rondebosch Police Station. I completed a Graduate Diploma in Counselling, and the coaching modules, at the South African College of Applied Psychology at the end of 2006, completing my fieldwork at Rape Crisis. I have subsequently trained as a Brief Coach through Solution Surfers (Switzerland); and as an ILS Master Coach (through ILS Coaching International). I am a certified Level 2 TRE (Tension and Trauma Release Exercises) practitioner and a QEC (Quantum Energy Coaching) practitioner.
I am a volunteer counsellor and run a TRE group at Chrysalis Academy, one of the most successful youth development organisations in South Africa. This is my avenue to give back; and to support young adults at risk of unemployment, drugs and gang culture.
I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, game reserves, travelling, dancing, reading, movies, jogging, tennis, meaningful conversations and the simple things in life.
I also love my work and have been in private practice as a personal development and life coach in Claremont, Cape Town since 2007.
Cats are natural healers. Through the power of their purr, cats can create vibrations that range from 20-140 Hz, which has been known to be medically therapeutic for both cats and humans alike. Raff pops in and out of coaching and TRE sessions when he feels it is necessary.
Coaching, Counselling and Energy Therapy
- ILS Master Coach (ILS Coaching International 2013)
- PURE Brief Coaching (ICF Affiliated coach training – Solution Surfers (Switzerland) through Solution Focused Futures –2010)
- Grad Diploma in Counselling (South African College of Applied Psychology 2006)
- Coaching modules 1 and 2 (South African College of Applied Psychology 2006)
- TRE (Trauma Releasing Exercises) Level 2 Practitioner 2014
- Solution Focused Practitioner (Solution Focused Futures 2005-2008)
- Quantum Energy Coaching (Dr. Melanie Salmon 2016)
- i3 Profiling training (2011)
- Integrative Enneagram Profiling training (2011)
- Reiki 1 training (Reiki Master Debbie Caknis 2012)
- Reiki 2 training (Reiki Master Debbie Caknis 2012)
- Reiki 3 training (Reiki Master Debbie Caknis 2012)
- Intermediate and Advanced Quantum Energetix module (Dr Frans Kromhout 2009)
- Basic and Advanced Pranic Healing course (World Pranic Healing Foundation 2006)
- Pranic Psychotherapy course (World Pranic Healing Foundation 2006)
- Rape Crisis Victim Support Training (Rape Crisis, Mowbray 2005)
- Multicultural Wellness Education (CAPACITAR International 2004)
- The Management, Support and Debriefing of Victims of Violence (Trauma Centre 2001)
- Life Line Personal Growth Course and Communications and Counselling Skills Course (1999)
- Chartered Accountant (SA) (Public Accountants and Auditors Board Final Qualifying Exam 1986)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (University of the Witwatersrand 1985)
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of the Witwatersrand 1983)
- 2007 to now – working in private practice as a personal development and life coach
- 2014 to now – volunteer life coach and counsellor at Chrysalis Academy, Tokai
- 2011 to 2012 – volunteer coach and business mentor at The Clothing Bank
- 2005 – Fieldwork at Rape Crisis, Mowbray
- 2002 to 2007 – Trauma Debriefer at Survivors of Crime (Rondebosch Police Station)
- 1985 to 2014 – practicing as an accountant in the corporate and small business sectors
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- COMENSA (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa)
- Accredited member i3 Profiling
- Accredited member Integrative Enneagram Profiling